TitleWellington PolytechnicAuthor/ContributorWarwick Teague (Photographer)PublisherWellington PolytechnicDate PublishedPlace of publicationWellingtonDescription
Originally called the Wellington School of Design (est. 1886) and then the Wellington Technical College (from 1891), the institution moved from its location of 30 years in Mercer Street (now Civic Square) up to Mt Cook in 1922. It provided technical skill training in a variety of different disciplines from a year-9 level. In 1963/4 the institution divided in two with secondary level classes becoming Wellington High School and the tertiary level classes becoming Wellington Polytechnic. Shortly after the division, construction commenced of a new campus behind the high school and it is this which is featured in this booklet aimed at prospective students. On 1st July 1999, the Wellington Polytechnic formerly merged with Massey University to become its Wellington 'Pukeahu' campus.
The early history of the institution can be read here.